Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Am not Surprised

I know someone who is always surprised by people. What seems to surprise her most is that liberals act like liberals and feminists act like feminists. Well hummmmm. I never can quite take her seriously when she goes off on a tangent and yet she is as serious as a heart attack. There she was today going off about how this particular woman could have the views she has and support the causes she does, and I am listening and I can feel my eyebrows creeping up my face toward my hairline and I am wondering if one day they will stay stuck up there. She is going on and on about the woman's socioeconomic status telling me exactly how this lady could hold the views she does and I want to know what it is that surprises her about any of it!

Socioeconomic status (SES) is an economic and sociological combined total measure of a person's work experience and of an individual's or family’s economic and social position relative to others, based on income, education, and occupation. When analyzing a family’s SES, the household income earners' education and occupation are examined, as well as combined income, versus with an individual, when their own attributes are assessed.

P.S.My eyebrows are still stuck half way up my forehead.(these conversations do that to me)

2 comments:

  1. I never knew what a socioeconomic status was until I went to college and I hope including the definition does not come across as snarky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well people's actions and outwardly held beliefs frequently conflict one another. Not much to be surprised at there.

    ReplyDelete