Sunday, January 18, 2015

Looking Backwards to See Forwards

I couple weeks ago I was talking to someone about old journals and old blogs. I said that old writings can help us see where we have come from and how God has changed us. In my twenties(?) I read through all my journals from my teenage years and destroyed them. I remember at the time thinking I did not recognize the uncertain and unhappy child I had been. I wish now I had saved those journals because being reminded of where we have been helps us empathize with other people now. Today I discovered another reason for saving and reading old journal entries; they can help us see who we need to become again. No, we will never be the same. Life changes and shapes us but we can seek after the lost pieces of ourselves we have left behind on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment