Saturday, February 14, 2015

OK Seriously Though.

My nutritionist neither is neither evil nor is she a cult leader. We actually agree most of the time but she is a bit frustrating. One of her first gentle edicts (aside from all that water drinking) was no bread, rice or pasta at dinner. In the mad search for things to fill the void left by brown rice I found myself eating some surprising vegetable dishes. Last week Copper (Super Hound and Chef’s Assistant) and I made Sweet Potato and Apple Slaw. 
Let me say I never expected to be eating raw sweet potato. (And liking it) The grated sweet potato had a very nice crisp texture that contrasted well with the softer apple shreds. I made the recipe with what I had on hand. I used a Red Delicious apple and I used Ken’s Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing; no doubt a sweeter result than the original recipe but wonderful none the less. The lovely photo in the center above is from skinnyms.com. Copper, Chef’s Assistant far right and you guessed my results are far left. Let’s just say my dish did not photograph well…..

2 comments:

  1. Excellent cook's assistant! I imagine he was really helpful. Too bad he's not always around to lend a hand!

    ReplyDelete