Sunday, April 12, 2015

Random Thoughts at Almost Midnight


I was just looking at a photo of a family celebrating their Grandmother’s ninetieth birthday; that made me think of my Grandmother, Ruth Carlisle. She has been a role model for me. Even though she is no longer here I continue to learn from her example. I have this inner vision of her as the runner from Hebrews 13. For some reason I have always envisioned that race as a relay race. Maybe a Sunday school teacher used that analogy when I was a kid. It occurs to me now that that is a false analogy because my Grandmother never put her baton down and stopped running. She passed the baton of the gospel over and over again and continued to run. I think about all the people I know of that she impacted through her actions that she prayed for and prayed with. I think of all those people passing on the gospel to others and running their race until Jesus comes again… 

1 comment:

  1. It's true--she was a great runner and passer of batons. If only we all would be the same! CC

    ReplyDelete